DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hope someone can diagnose this because I am at a loss. Obviously

Customer Question

Hope someone can diagnose this because I am at a loss. Obviously not all these ailments maybe linked but this is how it's happened. 3 years ago I went to doctor A with a pain in my knees and right shoulder/arm. Eventually a frozen shoulder was diagnosed. After 2 injections to help with the pain it dud start to get a little better but I felt extremely low and went to the doctors pick me up. He said I was depressed and gave me tablets which I took one. The following 2 weeks ensued. Fever sweating and shaking. The shaking stopped when I got sick. Hallucinations. Heightened smell. Bad wind from both ends. Doctor B took a series of blood tests and other than my usual low iron low vitamin d an extremely high esr of 210. Antibiotics were given. Almost 1 year later my left shoulder started to show the same sign of weakness and I came down with another bout of the same fever identical but this time only a slight raise in esr. Again antibiotics. 5 months later my arm is causing severe pain. I am on anti inflammatory drugs but it has got worse. Now the fever has started and as it's the 3rd time In 18 months with exacyly the same symptoms something can't be right. Doctor B says it's a viral infection.... not happy with that answer and hopi g someone can help.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.

Of course we do not diagnose on line.
That requires exam and testing.
The possibilities however, in general, are
Infection
Hidden malignancy.
Autoimmune disease.
I think the third is most likely if the sed rate is up.
None the less, you need an ANA panel to rule out this possibility.
If your doctor is not help, I would go directly to a rheumatologist.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.