Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

i have been told that my gastroscopy is clear , but have a

i have been told that my gastroscopy is clear , but have a smallish hiatus hernia.
doctor is not sure why i am experiencing significat discomfort after swallowing and between my shouder blades.
any ideas ... starting to worry now that they ve missed something
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
,
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort due to hiatal hernia. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-
Since how long are you having these symptoms?
Are you taking any medications?
Do you feel pain/burning in center of chest-down the throat?
I am waiting reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no burning , just acing discomfort ihigh in centreof chest after eating or drinking

have been taking lanzoprozole which has stopped as having no effect , also omerprozole likewise . Now taking ranitidine which also doesnt seem to be doing anything.either

Symptoms taken to gp inmid november , having had them ten days at that point

the discomfort between shoulder blades is very pronounced

Dear customer,
Thank you quick additional info.
The symptoms you are having of aching discomfort after swallowing in center of chest is most probably because of a condition calledto GERD(gastro esophageal reflux disease) and your hiatus hernia (even though it is very mild)
Although your gastroscopy is clear,but the small hiatal hernia you are having can be the causative.
Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is the bacteria responsible gastritis ,GERD & hiatal hernia.Antibiotic medications are used to treat H. pylori infection.Two antibiotic medications such as clarithromycin (Biaxin), amoxicillin, tetracycline, or metronidazole (Flagyl)
days are usually required.
You need further tests like:Urea breath test,Blood antibody test,stool antigen test to confirm/rule out h.pylori as cause.
Antibiotics will be prescribed accordingly.
As you were taking treatment from GP,so I advise you to make make an appointment with your gastro doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert