Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Dr chip mark here My doc said the same as you he was a

Customer Question

Hi Dr chip mark here
My doc said the same as you he was a bit annoyed and said if they were not sure what it was in a ct with contrast it must be very small !
He said to simply say they have a check in 3 months isn't the act of something serious.
Do you agree ?
I'm getting the report on Monday il let you check it if you don't mind ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hey Mark--so what exactly did the radiologist's report say?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Havnt got it yet.
Spoke to the specialist he said all was perfect except a small sliding hiatus hernia which I was diagnosed with 30 years ago after a football accident.
He said liver perfect normal all other organs normal bowel and colon ok all they found was a very small image in the right kidney he told me he wouldn't worry about it the radiologist told him it was worth a rescan in 3 months to check it is there. Could be debris ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
It's more than likely a false image on the scan Mark--not really there. Let me know what the official report says but again, I personally wouldn't even get a followup scan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Il post you the full report if you don't mind is it secure on here. I must admit I was a bit panicky but I'm calming down a bit now. Let's face it great news on the rest of it isn't it ???'
Does this happen a lot on ct ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
More often than you would suspect Mark. It'll be secure since I'll ask that it be closed and deleted after you and I talk about it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Honestly. With them saying it's very small etc can I stop worrying .
And just for the record wouldn't a tumour be obvious with such technology ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
A true tumour would be very obvious Mark. But as I told you before, if this were me I wouldn't be losing sleep over it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So there being very careful ?
And the fact the specialist said he wouldn't worry is reassuring. ??
I have a bottle of Chablis 2004 from France in the fridge .
I take it your a wine buff too
Don't worry I drink 14 units a week. ! Lol and run 4 k a day these days
Thanks for the help you have been a massive help and the fact that all else was normal has actually stopped my ibs completely !!!!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Just--please excuse the phrase--covering their ass. Good to hear about your IBS--next time I'll just wave my magic wand over the computer screen for you. Great vintage and good year
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I thought the same ! Private Harley street medical isn't cheap ! And I'm guessing the same as you.
The fact that I know all the inside is normal has cured the anxiety though ! So maybe a scan every few years. ?
Maybe il pop over and you can do a yearly medical and scan is that possible ? Why not I suppose ?? Are you private ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Private but for you I'll do it gratis Mark.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Joking aside life's too short not to meet interesting people
Il take you up on that. !
Having seen all my bloods etc the ones yesterday were completely in the middle of all the normal ranges now I'm slim fit and my fatty liver is reversed do you think il get 70 years ? I'm 50 next year. ?
If this kidney thing is ok of coarse
Do you docs see blood results etc that give you a clue ??????
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You'll make it at least to 70 Mark unless Zeus's aim gets better and you're hit with a lightning bolt before then
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not sure how to take that mate !!
By lightening bolt do you mean disease ?? Lol help !!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No--I mean the one you seem to be looking over your shoulder for more often than you should mate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ahhhhhhh I get you. Yes that explains my predicament exactly !!!
I think it's having Oscar so late he's 4 my other son Harry is 18 and at university. Are you a surgeon ? Or a gp?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Family practice now but I used to be a surgeon
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wow !!!!
I'm impressed. No wonder you know your stuff
Thanks again
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Website ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Don't have one
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dr chips medical emporium ? Lol
Gonna be hard to find you !!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
The circus of Dr Lao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1KJOjKvg3M
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i hope not.
Speak soon my friend
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--have to get back to the circus right now mate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi my friend in a state over this now
The report says il defined lesion and the websites say il defined lesions should all be excised .
Or am I reading it wrong again. !
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Mark--please, please stay off the internet. You're a bright guy but you're not a doctor and you don't know how to interpret what you read. Ill defined in your case just means nonspecific and that's what a cyst looks like. And I think you also checked with DocPhil on this. Stop with the worrying my friend--this isn't cancer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You and Phil are life savers as far as I'm concerned I have a horrible anxiety disorder .
The fact is its cured with full diagnosis for periods of a year or so
When I get a positive. Ie the liver which I've sorted and worse this it x it by 10.
Why are you sure it's not ? The way the liver guy is dealing with it ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
What's the question again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What makes you sure it isn't cancer ?
The way the liver guy is dealing with the find ? Ie the time period etc ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I just have seen these kinds of reports so many times before and like I told you I personally wouldn't even follow it up with another study--I really don't work at covering my backside
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So it's very common at my age 50 ?
And for the record what type of report would you follow up after an incidental find on ct abdominal scan. I take it it would be worded more specifically. ?
To take the seriousness out of this. You don't look your age !!!! I'd have you at my bloody age.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes--fairly common and it isn't at all dangerous and needs no treatment. If I were to follow it up it would be with an ultrasound.
Genes, me friend--luck of the draw
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In that you mean that you think it's a cyst and if so requires nothing to be done won't harm me and it's genetic ?
Am I reading you right ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Possibly genetic but I meant my looks. Really the cause of renal cysts is basically unknown
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Your a Jamie one. But then again I'm 6 ft 3 slim dark hair brown eyes. And a wife who's size 6 and stunning. !!
On the down side f**king horrendous anxiety disorder
A repaired liver
A poxy thing on my kidney
Apart from that I had nothing wrong with me til now I've been fit all the time 2014 was a proper health home coming !
On a positive another site says stage 4 dangerous systs are clearly visible. On imaging.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
This is a stage I cyst Mark.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I hope so pal.
If it is you better give me an address to send the wine. My best bottle !!!
On the positve part of the report liver and all else is super good isn't it ?? Reads well ??
And worse case on this il loose a kidney it won't kill me ??
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Perfect liver my friend. Let's not do worst case things--anxiety guys like you tend to do that all the time. But no it won't kill you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok il take it that the fact there leVing me for 3 months means they don't think it's serious. ?? Is that how I should read.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes--if they had thought it was serious they'd be talking surgery right now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And you should know.
Mr super surgeon ! If it gets to fiddly il jump on a plane to your practice.
And you can sort it for me.
Only prob I got is I can't find you !!!!
My son deserves a good birthday tomorrow so I must stop worrying over this
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Wish him well for me and just so you know the surgeon's motto is, "You can't heal without cold steel."
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Fair enough
To finish. With all the info I've given you this isn't a major worry ???
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Not even a minor worry to me, but obviously not to you my friend
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You really think all is ok ? For me I mean ? Il post a bonus for your answering the continued question
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes I'm sure it's just a simple cyst Mark and I promise you I would have told you if I thought otherwise
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That I believe. ! Lol. Rush down for an ultrasound ??? Or forget it.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No rush and I don't think you need it Mark but I can't go against your doctor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My doc says the same it's the liver guy who says do it !!!! My doc said its a syst you have a perfect kidney panel over the last two years.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well maybe the liver guy is a little neurotic like you my friend--share a glass of wine with him
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Rather have a Chianti reserve with you my friend. Thanks again
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Any time my friend
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dr chip
Spoke to clinic they said. Can't say either way serious or not needs monitoring . I said is that all you can say they said yes if anxious we can offer an ultrasound Thursday.
I said ok il do the ultrasound
They did say at 1.9 cm it was very small if a cancer .
Do you think they know it is and havnt told me ??
And are waiting for it to grow ?? Or dosnt it work like that ??
You read the official report. ??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you get my paid question re my employee Dr chip ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
http://www.justanswer.com/health/8ydh8-dr-chip-anxiety-mark-here-my-top-employee-mark-garner.html Yes and I replied to it a while back Mark. This is the link to that page