Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have a sort of skin tag on my nipple. It appeared since i

Customer Question

I have a sort of skin tag on my nipple. It appeared since i was pregnant about 4 months ago and just hasnt gone away. Its not sore and hasnt changed in size. What is this?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
--it would help if you could post a photo on this page but if that's not possible could you describe it ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its not possible to sent a photo at present. It looks like a skin tag its right on my nipple and hangs off my nipple. Any other info you need?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Just to be sure--it's just a little comma of skin that may have a very narrow base--like you could just snip it off with an iris scissors?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes sort of It just looks like a skin tag

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Then that must be what it is Nichola--nothing else--cancer or otherwise looks quite like that. These don't usually disappear on their own--they have to be snipped or frozen by a doctor. Nothing to worry about but have your doctor look at it so you can have him get rid of it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What would cancer present like? Thats what im worried about

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That would be a flat, hard nodule and nothing like a skin tag Nichola so no worry here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well its defo not hard and flat it hangs off the nipple like a spare bit of skin. I didnt realise you could get skin tags there

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes you can Nichola and I'm certain that's all it is--just have your doctor take a look and be done with it. Let me know what he says and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It moves around when i touch it aswell just like a loose bit of skin does. Is that cancer?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No--cancer doesn't do that at all Nichola