Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Can you have a seizure without fitting. I feel constantly like

Customer Question

Can you have a seizure without fitting. I feel constantly like im.going to go unconscious all day every day. This has been like this weeks. Im worried.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
,
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-
Do you get these symptoms-
-sudden feelings of fear or anxiousness
-feeling sick to your stomach
-dizziness
-changes in vision
May I know your age and gender?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Do you suffer from severe emotional stress or anxiety issue?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The feeling is there 24 hours a day. Its like i cant function like im almost unconscious. Its really bad.

I am worried sick about it so suppose could say that im anxious.

I cant do anything day to day because of it.

Im 27 female- not diagnosed with any conditions

Dear Customer, Thanks quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.
Well, there are 2 types of seizures, called as Partial seizures and Generalized seizures.
Partial seizures happens on only one side of the brain. Generalized seizures take place on both sides of the brain and it includes the grand mal or tonic-clonic seizure, which is most associated with epilepsy.
As such your symptoms are not related with fits or seizures.
Having feeling unconscious throughout the day, could be related with underlying medical condition, and has to be thoroughly investigated by doctor.
Possible causes are-
-Emotional distress,
-Heart disease (decreased blood flow to the heart or irregular heart rhythm),
-Low blood sugar,
-Thyroid disorder
-Panic attacks,
-Blood pressure imbalance.
A clinical examination and tests have to be done diagnosis.
You need to undergo these tests- EKG, Blood pressure monitoring, Blood sugar test, Thyroid function test, Cardiac examination, Exercise stress test.
time, you can take Tab. Dimenhydrinate(Dramamine),It is an OTC drug.
I would recommend that you visit your primary doctor and get it managed.
Good luck and take care.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have had blood tests done , sugar, kidneys, liver. My pulse has been checked alot along with my blood pressure alot aswell.

All my tests were fine. .

Could this be anything serious? Could it be brain disease? Im so scared of how im.feeling. i feel like i am unconscious all day. I feel like i cant see people or anything properly.

Ive had my eyes tested aswell which showed nothing

Dear customer,
I can understand your concern.
Good to hear that blood work was fine.
At your age, chances of getting brain disease or any other serious issue are very slim. Please stop worrying.
It could also be related with anxiety issue.
Inner ear issue (the inner ear is responsible ) like Ménière disease could cause such symptoms.
I would recommend you to firstly consult internal medicine doctor, then probably ear nose and throat doctor . If required they may refer you to Neurologist evaluation.
Good luck and take care.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What are the possible causes if non of the above you suggested? I just want an idea?

My doctor has told me there is nothing physically wrong but i struggle to believe this.

Its so so bad the feeling im.going unconscious all day.

If serious would it have shown up in blood tests?

Dear,
Yes, if there was some serious, it would be evident in blood tests.
Inner ear issue is also the most common cause symptoms.
As such, please stop worrying serious issue.
Good luck and take care.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just feel like i cant do anything i feel so much like im unconscious.

Im sitting on the sofa now and i feel like im passing out even when i sit down. It just feels so serious.

Could it be a brain tumour?

Dear,
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I understand your concern.
Please stop worrying tumor or any other serious issue. At your age chances of getting such medical issue are very slim.
You don't have any such serious issue.
Please consult internal medicine doctor, then probably ear nose and throat doctor . If required they may refer you to Neurologist evaluation.
Good luck and take care.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I forgot to mention when i stand up i sometimes get white flashing lights everywhere.. does this make it easier to say what it is?

I know its uncommon to be serious but its not impossible

Dear,
Well, you need to have ear examination done. A thorough clinical examination and further evaluation is necessary .
Chances of getting any serious brain disease are very very slim.
Good luck and take care.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ive had the examination but they cant find anything wrong at all.

Ive had ear examination aswell.

Can you assure me these symptoms wont cause me to die suddenly? Thats what im worried about

Dear,
I understand your concern.
Yes, I am sure that these are not related with brain tumor or any other serious issue. Please stop worrying.
You won't die suddenly because of such symptoms.
Good luck and take care.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Im also scared these symptoms wont go away if they cant find whats wrong.

Is it possible ill be stuck like this forever.. feeling like im going to faint everyday

Dear,
Please stop taking stress. I am sure, your doctor would find the right cause.
Once cause, is evaluated, right line of treatment would be advised.
God Bless You !!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ive been to the doctors loads and they just keep saying anxiety. Its unbearable to live like this everyday.

What can i do in the short term to reduce this feeling im going unconscious and to feel more with it and like i can function?

Dear,
You can start with Tab. Dimenhydrinate(Dramamine),It is an OTC drug and would resolve your symptoms.
Please stop worrying and see your doctor.
God Bless You !!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can i take this whilst pregnant?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Im also taking sertraline and diazepam

Dear,
Dimenhydrinate has been assigned to pregnancy category B by the FDA.
Yes, it can be prescribed in pregnancy, when during pregnancy when benefit outweighs risk.
I hope this helps.