Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

IF I inject 30 gof mscontin hen feel aching muscles so bad

Customer Question

IF I inject 30 gof mscontin hen feel aching muscles so bad I cant stand up and kidneys worst of all?
I really don't wan tot go to hospoital as on dy 4 of my detox.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
from JustAnswer.
It is unclear what question you are asking.
What information would be helpful?
Are you asking why this may cause achng muscles and kidneys?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

YES, I RECENTLY WENT COLD TURKEY OFF ghb AND WAS TAPERING OFF SLOWLY MORPHINE. NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN MY KIDDINGS START ACHING ( THROBBING ) AND MY LEG MUSCLES ARE SO SORE I CANT WALK.

I AM ON ZOLOFT ANTIDEPRESSANTS AND ALL THIS STARTED AFTER I CAME OFF THE BUPRENORPHINE ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO.

I JUST DONT WANT TO DIE FROM KIDNEY FAILURE. IM DEFO NOT GOING TO INJECT MSCONTIN ANY MORE AND MONDAY WILL SEEK A PHYSCHIARTIST BUPE SCRIPT.

I JUST FEAR MY HEART WILL STOP IN MY SLEEP....

(sorry )

Thank you clarification.

It is good that you will not inject any more of the MS Contin. The problem with injecting MS Contin are the substances that are added to the pill that allow it to be a sustained release pill. These substances do not go into solution easily, so can settle in the blood stream.

It is most often reported that the injection of MS Contin can cause problems with the veins at the site of injection, so can cause localized symptoms. It also has been reported to adversely affect the lungs, as all blood from the veins pass through the lungs before getting into the systemic blood flow.

It is unlikely that this would cause kidney failure, although it is impossible to clearly say this over the internet without doing any blood tests. If there is any decrease in urine flow, this would be more worrisome.

At this point, it would usually be recommended to be seen by a doctor, but if you choose to not be seen, the most important intervention that can help would be to be drinking a large amount of fluids to increase blood flow through the vascular system and the kidneys and to flush the kidneys.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so how will stopping ms contin cold turkey affect me? been off the wagon 12 weeks using one 60 mg tab a day/2 days.

From the perspective of stopping this reaction, it is only necessary to stop the injection of the MS Contin. It would be OK to take it orally. And it would also be OK to use the buprenorphine, although they would rather that the amount of morphine in your system be down before starting the buprenorphine.