Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

i have hep c. with no problems. and im on a treatmeant ribavirin

Customer Question

i have hep c. with no problems. and im on a treatmeant ribavirin and sofosibir. which is about to finish. to attempt to clear the virus. so far its working. my viral load was 100,000.it it now undetectable. so my doctor is pleaesd with that. im on the 3rd and last month of this trial. but my biliuribin level has been slowly increasing. my doctor said on friday.that is 140. and is concerned. and wants me to return but i need to travel overseas. weeks. my eyes are slightly yellow. the main question i need answered is what happens if this level keeps rising what symptoms should i look out for. and can this be fatal. ive told my doctor i will get my bloods checked there and any change i will return.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
--in addition to the bilirubin what are your other liver enzymes like? Have you had either an ultrasound or a ct scan of your abdomen?