Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

, i have a mild headache, saw GP last week and was told it

, i have a mild headache, saw GP last week and was told it is a tension headache. Reading about tension headaches i found it usually last a few days. I have it weeks now and started feeling concerned if it is something more serious. I would appreciate any advice.
Joao
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Dr Uzair :

. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Dr Uzair :

Do you have any other symptoms?

Dr Uzair :

Please enter chat and use reply to respond.

Dr Uzair :

Please type in your response so that we an proceed.

Customer:

No other symptoms.

Dr Uzair :

Alright, which part of the head do you have a headache in, all around, back, front?

Customer:

Right, left and sometimes front too.

Dr Uzair :

Okay, do you have sinus issues? nasal congestion, runny nose?

Customer:

No.

Dr Uzair :

Is the headache fluctuating, or is it present all the time? Is it mostly present in the morning, day or evening?

Customer:

Fluctuating. Don't notice much diference between diferent times of the day.

Dr Uzair :

Alright, I would agree that a tension headache doesn't last this long and it is like a tight band around the head rather than being at different places. It usually occurs at the end of the day. This can be either due to a weakening eye sight or fluctuating blood pressure. Other conditions are not likely since you do not have any associated symptoms.

Dr Uzair :

I would suggest that you ask your physician eye sight check up, blood pressure monitoring and an MRI of the head, just to rule out anything else and of mind.

Customer:

What is an MRI scan? Can i ask my GP?

Dr Uzair :

Yes, you can. It is short Resonance Imaging, it shows details about the brain and any pathology in it, that might be causing the headache.

Customer:

Ok. Thanks help.

Dr Uzair :

It was a pleasure.

Dr Uzair :

Please do leave a positive rating service,

Dr Uzair :

Best wishes.