Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

can you help me. Last week ive been getting pains in

Customer Question

can you help me.
Last week ive been getting pains in my ears.
Feels like discomfort in both ears and they are painful.
When i yawn or swallow they pop.
I do not have a fever or feel unwell, just have this annoying pain etc in my ears.
Any ideas helpful.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
. Is the pain located in your ears or just in front of them? No discharge from your ears? Does the pain lessen when they pop?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes pain seems like its in the ears, no discharge and the pain seems to be constant, but they seem like they pop whenever i swallow of yawn

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. We can continue after this if you'd like but there's probably two things going on here. The popping means you have partially blocked Eustachian tubes--the tubes that lead from your middle ear to your nasopharynx and help to keep the pressure equal on both sides of the ear drums. Usually that really doesn't cause pain, though, so you may also have a bilateral middle ear infection. You could try, , either a Neti pot or a saline nasal irrigation system to work on the tubes but the best thing to do is have a doctor look in your ears since you may also need antibiotics
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, could this explain some headaches at times?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Possibly, but if you're also having headaches you may have a sinus infection that's causing all this. The Neti pot or the irrigation system might help somewhat with that but still you probably need antibiotics to clear all this up
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK thanks help, i will get to the doctors in the morning

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure and let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you