Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Over the past couple of weeks I've noticed that when I have

Customer Question

Over the past couple of weeks I've noticed that when I have sex with my girlfriend and ejaculate the sensation isn't as strong or as powerful. Only noticed very recently, never had this issue before. I still get pleausre during sex but at ejaculation it just doesn't seem as strong at the moment. Would too much sex in a short space of time cause this? Is it anything to worry about?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
from JustAnswer.

It is possible that frequent intercourse and ejaculation could cause some localized swelling that can affect the force of the ejaculation. It is also possible that there could be some swelling related to an infection. If there is an infection, though, there also would usually also be some pain or burning. If there is no pain or burning, then it is less likely to be infected and is more likely to be related to frequent intercourse.

In those situations in which it is related to frequent intercourse, it may resolve spontaneously, but when it is persistent, the proper treatment would be a period of abstinence to allow . If you are otherwise feeling well, then the only real reason to do this would be to eliminate even the lesser possibility of an infection being present. Of course, you would not be able to know whether it is better until sex is resumed, but a week of abstinence would usually be sufficient to allow . And since there is no urgency to being abstinent, you can time the week to occur with your girlfriend’s next menstrual period.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you reply, has put my mind at rest. Her next period is this week I believe so hopefully that should do it. It's literally only happened within the past 2 weeks at most, so you just think we've over done it?
Cheers
Yes, that is certainly the most likely.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** a break couple of weeks. If there is still an issue after that I'll be in touch
You are most welcome.