Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I have been getting numbness and throbbing in my foot along

I have been getting numbness and throbbing in my foot along with throbbing in my calf muscle and now this morning have had pain at the back of my knee when walking. All these symptoms continue when I am sitting down although they do lessen. I am due to have surgery on Friday and am a little concerned. Can you help please?
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
,
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-
Since how long you have these symptoms?
surgery are you due to have on friday?
Is there any redness or burning sensation/heat on foot or leg?
Which foot is affected?
I am waiting reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have had the symptoms /6 days when they were just in my right foot (inside left on the side of foot) and since then other symptoms have developed: throbbing and pulsing in my calf (again left inside) and this morning the pain in the back of my knee (again more prevalent on the left). I have no redness or burning sensation but it does ache. I am due to have a decompression op on my right shoulder and may have to have rotator cuff repair. My left shoulder was operated on last April same thing.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have had the symptoms /6 days starting with the inside left side of my right foot which is tingling and cramps in my toes. It then seemed to affect my left inside calf with throbbing and this morning the back of my knee, again more to the left side, is hurting and the symptoms lessen slightly when I sit down. I am due to have a decompression op on my right shoulder with it possibly becoming a rotator cuff repair which was the case left shoulder last April.

Dear customer,
Thank you quick additional info.
The symptoms you have described of numbness and throbbing in right foot along with throbbing in calf muscle and now pain in back of knee is most probably due to the possibility of nerve root compression.
Any compromise of the nerve space in the spinal column can lead to compression of the nerve endings.This occurs because of wear and tear or degeneration of the discs.
As you are having decompression on your right shoulder & history of same thing in left shoulder in last april,you are more prone to get degenerative changes & nerve compressions in other joints too.
This occurs because of spinal radiculopathy,spinal disc herniation,wear and tear or degeneration of the discs.
You may need x-ray of lower spine(here the nerve to foot & leg originates) & other tests.
As you are already due on friday,you should discuss this issue with your doctor.
Till than take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter.It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert