Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

there, I am deseperate to find some help (I am

Customer Question

there, I am deseperate to find some help (I am 31, 165cm, 58 kg, generally healthy and used to be active until recently due to occuring problems). I have been lightheaded and nauseous a month. It is a bit scary since I feel I am not with it. I have seen my GP three times and was off weeks stress at work. I work in a psychology field so I am aware of the anxiety symptoms...however, I am still terrified that something is wrong with me health wise. I have horrible pain in my intestines and having done the research myself, I have ordered capsules with some sort of desirable bacteria etc. to help the lining of it to restore. I have an appetite but any time I eat it is painful and feels like my intestines will burst. I think I initially mistook it pain. Overall, I think my immune system is not great at the moment. However, the constant lightheadedness and feeling of not being fully with it is the most terrifying symptom I have ever experienced. I feel I am managing my stress much better. I suffered from no sleep the first two weeks of the symptoms and after that I feel like I could sleep anywhere. It was also quite scary when I was in such deep sleep today I almost could not get up . I am trying to look myself just now as my GP has three times said it was anxiety. It has not helped that the symptoms appear to be as strong as they were, or sometimes even stronger...And I am back at work =( I would be extremely grateful professional advice. I am frustrated with being sent home and told to relax (I have been doing this too)....THANK YOU, Eve
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

I am sorry you are having these symptoms.

Dr. David :

if your GP thinks you have excessive anxiety, they should be at least offering you some anti-anxiety medications.

Dr. David :

you might benefit from medications like an SSRI agent like sertraline or paxil to help decrease your anxiety symptoms.

Dr. David :

and also a long acting benzodiazepine like valium (diazepam) or klonopin (clonazepam) or ativan or xanax to help decrease your anxiety symptoms.

Dr. David :

excessive anxiety can cause poor sleep and fatigue and abdominal pains and cramps and lightheadedness and even brain fog and not clear thinking.

JACUSTOMER-4zs2ucsa- :

Would this be as long-term? Even when I feel better and better mentally? I am also not a big fan of such strong medications =( I am aware of their side effects. Is there any other possibility that I could have a different health issue? I do appreciate your reply though. Is there anything that I could do without medication? Thank you

Dr. David :

yes, you can see a psychotherapist and learn some congitive behavioral therapy to help decrease your anxiety.

Dr. David :

exercise therapy regularly can help decrease anxiety and help you sleep better at night.

Dr. David :

it is impossible to predict if your anxiety symptoms will be short term or long term.

Dr. David :

you could also have constipation or irregular bowel syndrome which can cause abdominal cramps and pains occasionally.

Dr. David :

we can not examine patients over the internet, but your GP doctor who knows you has said you have suffered from excessive anxiety.

Dr. David :

do you have any other questions?

JACUSTOMER-4zs2ucsa- :

Just one more question? So from your professional point of view this does not sound like something more serious?

Dr. David :

no, it doesn't sound like anything more serious.

Dr. David :

it sounds like your anxiety symptoms are not being controlled at this point.

Dr. David :

let me know if you have other questions.

Dr. David :

if done , please leave positive feedback below the chat box.

Dr. David :

we only get credit clients after positive feedback.

Dr. David :

you can always reach me as Dr. David if you have other questions.

JACUSTOMER-4zs2ucsa- :

Ok, thank you very much. I feel a bit calmer now. I was just panicking that this would not improve if I do not have more medical tests. Thank you help

Dr. David :

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Dr. David :

you are welcome

Dr. David :

I am glad you feel calmer now.

Dr. David :

don't forget to leave positive feedback below if done

Dr. David :

thanks.