Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Dr chip Struggling today I keep thinking the ct would

Customer Question

Hi Dr chip
Struggling today
I keep thinking the ct would hve seen a syst straight away.
And they know it's solid a cancer
Or am I getting way ahead of myself here is it possible they weren't sure what they saw ?
And is a lesion a syst or can it be.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Mark--one more time--what exactly did the final impression on the ct say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
An il defined 1.9mm lesion in right kidney
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes--but nothing else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing else
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--and I know how this is eating on you--that still, to me, doesn't say cancer and it still can be a cyst, or, if not, a totally benign lesion. The chances of it's being cancer are very, very low and again, if your doctors thought it had any chance of being cancer they'd be getting a biopsy now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He said on the phone they just wanted to re check it in 3 months. Said something About not sure completely what was there and made a note on the report of it.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Then in reality he doesn't think it's cancer--if he did there'd be no reason for a follow up study
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr Google says the monitor the cancer and if it grows they remove it
But surely someone would have to tell me it's cancer first!!!!
So don't give up just yet then ??
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, you don't just watch cancer to see if it grows and then remove it--you take it out then and there. Again, there's absolutely no reason for you to think cancer here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr Google says small kidney tumours are surveillanced and then if they grow taken out. Sounds crazy but it's there on all the web.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, Dr Google is just plain wrong then--it would make no sense at all to wait to see if a cancer grows before deciding to take it out--that would be like sitting on a known time bomb
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My thoughts exactly.
I'm thinking the ultrasound in the morning will show all ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes it will and be sure to let me know just as soon as you know the results
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it's a mass what do I do next
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What if's again--then I'd get a PET scan--a specialized ct--to further evaluate it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok mate will do.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hold on for now my friend
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your right though ...... Why follow up in 3 months ------- if the ct showed cancer But Dr Natasha says that's how it's done ? I take it you don't do it that way pal
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No--not if I thought there was any chance of its being cancer. The follow up study is really at the doctor's discretion
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Being careful
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Of their own backside like I said before.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just had de ja vue !!!!
Hope it's a good sign.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
deja vu?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When you have done that or in this case seen something before !!!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yeah I know the phrase but what did you mean here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have written this all before not in a sarcastic way I actually saw it all in my mind it happens to me and my son.
People say its been going on for centuries. Weird.
My last question. My last year liver ultrasound didn't reoprt the lesion a year ago but I'm not sure if it looked it was a liver ultrasound. Would that concern you.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Say that again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A year ago I had a liver ultrasound. It didn't mention the kidney lesion.
But the report is only marked liver. He just reports on the liver . Nothing else. It just says fatty change only.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hard to say for sure but usually that kind of scan would also cover the right kidney
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So bad news
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, not at all. A cyst can form any time. And if this wasn't there before, then it's very early, so, again--IF if were cancer it's very early on and completely curable
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks mate. You will be my first port of call.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Til then, mate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my last question mate
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No Mark, I didn't
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr chip
My doc just came back said he had reviewed the images and the reoprt.
He said. There's nothing there normal.
Guess what Harley street said. ..... We need to follow it up. !!!!
He said. No you don't mark your fine .
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, in a sense, Mark, with this new study, it was followed up and found to be nonexistent. The Harley Street guy just doesn't want to say, "Oops--I was wrong."
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sick of it.
It's not there right ??
Doc says ultrasound will see a 2cm cyst VERY. VERY clearly in seconds or a mass . Do you agree ???
She showed me I saw nothing.
My doc has viewd all the images he said nothing there
The radiologist said nothing there
Move on ? Close the book
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Ring the bell, close the book, extinguish the candle, as they do in the old excommunication rituals in the Catholic church Mark. Let's send this particular demon back to the netherworld and move on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So to finish you agree with the docs comments on ultrasound
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Absolutely--nothing there and there never was anything there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cheers.
Harley street not great on anxiety.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Take care my friend
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All clear then ? No serious anywhere after all the reports.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
All clear--telling you this for the final time so let's move on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On my way LOL
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Later then
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr chip mark here
My liver specialist says my NASH is under control no evidence of liver inflammation
My doc says you don't have NASH at all the images show no fat no inflammation Your alt is 20 ast 21 gamma gt which indicates alchhol liver injury 9 !
He says no liver prob.
Help !!!!! Who's right ???????
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hey mate--what exactly is your worry here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The specialist says I need monitoring every six months my doc says no you don't have a liver issue ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Monitoring how and why?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's what I mean ?
I have given you all the info images blood counts etc Dr chip my doc has them too and says there is no liver problem. You had fat the fat is gone !
The letter says this.
The recent laboratory tests show no evidence of inflammation and marks good work in weight loss and fitness is mainly the reason for this.
I should see him for review every six months
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, my friend--that's the way specialists are unfortunately. Once you're plugged into one of them they keep wanting to justify their existence with seeing you on a continuing basis. Nothing at all to worry about since I don't think we're going to see a reversal of your liver back into NASH
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh ok
At its worst my alt was 90 my doc says it was very very mild ?
And that its reversed what do you think. ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
From everything you've given me I state uncategorically that your liver is totally healthy without a pinch of damage of any kind
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well you have seen all my blood counts reviews and images And you unlike him have seen the liver he hasn't even asked to see the ultrasound images.
His own words were no signs of chronic liver disease on the ct.
So I'm guessing I either say no or keep going every six months for ever !!??
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I honestly don't think you need a liver specialist any more Mark--your GP is good enough to follow you and I think yearly blood work at this point is all you need
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good enough pal thanks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Any time my friend