Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

How long doers 10mg of stay in your system for?

How long doers 10mg of librium stay in your system for?
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Bob :

The half life of librium is 6.6-25 hours and a detection window of 1-4.5 days.

Customer:

How long is it safe to drink alcohol after taking 1 5mg tablet of librium?

Dr. Bob :

The drug metabolizes into Nordiazepam, and Oxazepam.

Dr. Bob :

The timetable for detecting librium in the system is dependent somewhat upon each individual's metabolism, body mass, age, hydration level, physical activity, health conditions, etc, making it almost impossible to determine an exact time librium will show up or not show up on a drug test, so the above is an average estimate only.

Dr. Bob :

It is not recommended that one drink alcohol while taking this medication. How well one could tolerate it would also depend on one's metabolism, body mass, age, hydration level, etc.

Dr. Bob :

By one day, half the 5mg of librium should be out of one's system, if that helps put some perspective on it for you.

Customer:

Sorry, just trying to be clear if possible, even if it has been over 24 hours since taking a 5mg tablet, it would still not be safe to have alcohol?

Dr. Bob :

If it has been over 24 hours, more than half the librium is likely out of one's system, making it safer than taking it immediately after taking the librium.

Customer:

Thank you, ***** ***** should be safe then.

Dr. Bob :

And 5 mg is not considered a large dose. Doses up to 25 mg are sometimes used for severe anxiety.

Dr. Bob :

You're welcome. Hope all works out for the best for you. Be careful, and stay in touch with your GP. :-)

Customer:

Great, I just didn't want to put myself at risk if I hate wine tomorrow night at a party.

Dr. Bob :

You should be fine.

Dr. Bob :

Do you have any other questions?

Dr. Bob :

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Dr. Bob :

If you have no more questions, a positive rating would be appreciated. Return anytime if you think of additional questions. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Shona. How are you doing today? Hope all went well at your party. :-)
Did you have any additional questions? If so, please let me know and I would be happy to help you further. If not, please don't forget to provide a rating.
Best wishes,
Doctor-Bob