Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

,About 2 years ago I had symptoms of flashbacks (de ja

About 2 years ago I had symptoms of flashbacks (de ja vu) feelings and an instant nausea feeling straight after, it occured over a period of two days and then dissappeared. Then again about 2 months ago I woke up one morning feeling totally normal, got the same feeling and passed out, then had multiple other incidents that same day. So I have been recommended to see have a CT scan but haven't had my appointment through as of yet. However I was told to phone the doctor if the symptoms re appeared. I had the same again yesterday and experienced brain fog and an inability to concentrate following them, but now again i feel normal however slightly less 'aware'. I am currently abroad but have a flight back to the UK if i need to go back tonight, however I got convinced that there isn't much I could achieve in the UK as I would need to wait for the CT scan. What would you advise?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shantal,

I haven't found the answer but I think I may just wait until I see the neurologist I am scheduled to see next month now as I wanted the answer yesterday incase I needed to fly home yesterday evening. Please refund me.

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for this question
Do you still need help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sure, I guess it would be good to be preprepared for my appointment.

I think you need to be seen by a neurologist.
This sounds like possibly partial seizures.
CT scan probably won't show anything but it is a good idea to get.
you really need an EEG
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What can cause these partial seizures? I do have low blood pressure and eat a diet low in sugar could this have an effect? Or is it likely being caused by something totally different, such as temporal lobe specific injuries.

I looked up temporal lobe epilepsy and the conditions seem inline however if they are happening this infrequent I guess this will not be related no?

Not likely related to diet or blood pressure
usually it is idiopathic meaning we have no idea why it starts
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks , Can I ask how often these symptoms are related to brain tumours?

Also as my neurologist appointment is not scheduled anytime soon, if I get recurring symptoms would it be worth going to hospital to get the scan prior ? Thanks

I doubt they are related to a tumor
you would have other symptoms.
I doubt you should go to the hospital
unless new symptoms develop or it changes
please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States