Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

, I need your help. I don't know where is the problem

Customer Question

I need your help. I don't know where is the problem but I can't be pregnant. I try do everything for this. But I think that I have any problem because is not normal . Every month my period coming late about 2 weeks and just for3 days ... Before it was ok but last 6 months I have this a problem . I really want baby and we try making baby every day and almost 1year . Please tell me what can I do ...
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It will help if you could provide some further information.
What evaluation has you had for this thus far?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't think that is a normal have period always too late and just for 3 days and also try making baby almost 1 year and don't be pregnant...

I agree that it is not normal, which is why I ask for the additional information - what evaluation has been done thus far?
I have not heard back about what evaluation has been done thus far.

If no evaluation has been done, it would be important to get several steps in the evaluation done.

The first step would be a physical examination, as the findings on exam would guide further steps in the evaluation. After the examination, it would be appropriate to obtain several different blood tests, including a chemistry profile, blood count, female hormone levels, and thyroid hormone levels. It also would be appropriate to obtain an ultrasound of the pelvis. Depending upon the blood test results, it may be appropriate to obtain an MRI of the head, specifically looking at the pituitary gland, which is the source of the hormones that stimulate the ovaries.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.