Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I had a masectomy 14years ago I am post menopausal woman o

I had a masectomy 14years ago I am post menopausal woman o 66. I have a mild ache and slight discomfort behind my left breast which I have had for 4 years on and off went to doctor sent for bone scan all well with the scan that was last year I have just had my mammogram all clear . I do a lot of lifting and carrying shopping lifting the grand children I was wondering if it could be my muscle behind my left breast when I press under my breast it is sore also my breast bone on left side is tender should I wait to see if it clears up its self as it has always done so before. Thak you
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per your description, yes it is likely to be muscular pain. You are likely to have pulled your muscle while doing some lifting etc. Cancer doesn't present as sore lesion and pain on pressing is not a feature of cancer. I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations over the counter available tab aleve twice daily and massage of the area with bengay gel twice daily can help you a lot. Moreover apply heating pad to the area as well. If symptoms persist, see your doctor as you may need physiotherapy but there is no need to stressed about cancer. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you think it could be choncondritis and how long do you think before it heals and should I stop excersising for a little while thank you once again
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Yes it can be costochondritis. You should wait for 2 weeks to get a response from my suggestions. Yes please avoid any exercise till it gets better. Regards.