DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am a 19 year old female student from China and currently

I am a 19 year old female student from China and currently go to school in England. I have recently noticed that I have persistent symptoms of nose blockage on either side as well as persistent blood-mixed mucus running from my nose when I sneeze or touch the inside the nose, both for a really long time. And a while ago I have found myself developing symptoms of intermittent headache (beside forehead) , eye sore on my left eye and pain behind my cheek which can last from mins to hours every time they occur. I have squint problem and big eyesight differences (bad eyesight on my left eye)since long ago as well. Previously these symptoms stayed quite moderate and i just left it, but lately I felt that my headaches and eye sore problem has occurred more frequently and worsened and sometimes it just makes me really tired and makes me difficult to concentrate in lessons or in studying, and I have to sleep for a bit to ease the symptoms. I thought it might just be my squint and eye strain problem so I went to do a simple eye check but nothing shows wrong. So I didn't pay attention or become aware that it may possibly be associative with nasal problems until the intermittent aches on cheek and one-sided headache (on the same side of the cheek) develops, becomes stronger and continues, and until my friend suggested I may need to check my nose after I talked to her a bit about these issues. And I have searched some online info related to these and did find out that many of the symptoms of nasal and sinus disease ( and potentially cancer???) do very much dovetail with mine, and not until then did I realised that I do have had the issue of persistent nose blockage, and mucus in the nose mixed with blood for long but I just didn't notice and wasn't aware that it may be signs of these severe diseases. So now I am really worried and been thinking whether it is necessary for me to see a GP immediately? Thank you and much much appreciated!
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Not cancer.
Blocked sinuses, and this can be chronic.
You need to see an ENT doctor.
This is a specialist, and if the correct medications do not cause drainage, an endoscopic procedure can be done to fix this promptly.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.