Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

two days have been getting a sharp pain in my left

For past two days have been getting a sharp pain in my left temple that lasts just a few minutes. Unlike any pain I have experienced before.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort due to this headache. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First
The most likely cause of your headache seems to be migraine or a tension headache.Primary headache accounts for about 90% of all headaches.Tension headache is the most common type of headache.
Another less likely possibility is of neuralgia or temporal arteritis.
As you are taking your normal blood pressure medication & hopefully it is controlled so this cause is ruled out.
Most common causes of tension headache are:stress, muscular tension, vascular dilation, postural changes,anxiety,depression,low level of endorphins.
You may need CT scan of head to rule out other causes of headache.
I advise you to make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.
Till than take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert