Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

I was hoping you can help me my left testicle is swollen and

Customer Question

I was hoping you can help me my left testicle is swollen and ive got pains down my left leg this has happing before and it goes
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 2 years ago.

I amCustomerand I would be glad to assist you.

You seem to have developed a condition known as varicocele where the veins around the testicle get dilated because of defective valves in testicular vein which carries the blood away from testis.The condition occurs predominantly on left side.

It can be a cause of pain in the testis but unlikely to cause pain down the leg as in most cases this is a painless condition.

You need to have this examined by your doctor who may order further tests in form of scrotal ultrasound to visualise the network of veins around the testicle and the testicle itself.
In most cases at your age no surgical treatment is required and scrotal support only is given.
Other causes of pain going down the leg such as a pinched nerve in lower spine would need to be looked into.

I would be glad to assist further in case you want to ask any more questions about this.