Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Is it possible to see a specialist without areferral from ones

Customer Question

Is it possible to see a specialist without areferral from ones own doctor?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. First may I ask what if any studies she has had for this? And can you tell me exactly what went on when she collapsed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was not in attendance when these two events occured but she apparently recovered quite quicly.what I really want to know is an answer to my question can she see aspecialist without a reffera letter from her GP?.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Eric. Yes she can if it's private and paid for out of pocket. Otherwise if it's through the NHS it requires the GP's referral. The only reason I wanted some information about the collapse was to better say what specific specialist she needed to see