Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Suddenly got blister on knee - why?

Suddenly got blister on knee - why?
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-
Is it painful in nature?
Is it fluid filled?
Has it increased in size?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is sore and is filled with fluid only noticed it this morning. Am on medication Epanutin

Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.
Such blister could have developed due to infection, inflammation, trauma, allergic reaction, and other abnormal processes.
Infected hair follicle may also cause such symptoms.
Another possibility is sweating or too much moisture of the skin, which can cause too much softening of the skins protective layer leading to blisters.
You can also do some home remedies like rest your knee if you have pain and initiate movements slowly, Apply bandage to compress your knee, Elevate the knee on pillows while reclining to prevent the accumulation of fluids in the joint, Take anti-inflammatory medicines like Tylenol.
You must keep the blisters dry by using either gauze or absorptive bandage. You can buy these in any drug store. You should change the bandage at least twice a day. You need to put antibiotic ointment on the blisters to prevent infection. If there is associated itching, then over-the-counter, anti-itch lotions, such as calamine can be used.
Corticosteroids sometimes may be prescribed, if symptom doesn't start to improve.
Please follow above measures, and see your doctor for further clinical evaluation.
Good luck and take care.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.