Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Good Morning. This request is rather unorthodox. My young

Good Morning. This request is rather unorthodox. My young friend living over here is an Egyptian. He has just had news that his dad in Egypt has been diagnosed with incurable Liver Cancer. At the moment in Egypt the pharmacies are being targeted by some sort of terrorists, and the government has put pharmacies under strict control. My friend has had the name of a pain medicine that will help his dad to not feel so awful. This is what he needs to know. Are there any circumstances where he would be able to buy the medicine over here and take it back for his dad? It is called Tramadin.
Obviously this is terribly difficult I know, but if we followed the law regarding this treatment do you know if he would be allowed to buy it?
If you think that we can't be helped , is there a body of government that you could refer him to so's he can make some further enquiries? Thank you for reading this tome, I do home to hear from you. Madeleine Berks. Falmouth, Cornwall.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

Hello there, this is a tough spot to be on.

Dr. K. :

Unfortunately there is a black market for this type of medication and it can be purchased on the street. It is, of course not legal to just purchase it anywhere, as it requires a prescription.

Dr. K. :

Some family members have been successful in getting medication for their loved ones by obtaining the medicaion for use by themselves and transporting it home. Of course, this is not legal, but its done.

Dr. K. :

Good luck

Customer:

Is there a chance of some sort of legal channel that he could speak with?

Dr. K. :

As I mentioned above, there is no legal way to purchase a narcotic. It is a prescription medication. So you cannot buy it.

Customer:

Oh dear. Never mind. Thanks a lot. Madeleine Berks