Dr. Charogat
Dr. Charogat, Doctor
Experience:  Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.
16403115

, I am 37 years old woman, got two kids 8 and 13. They argue

Hi, I am 37 years old woman, got two kids 8 and 13. They argue non stop drives me crazy. My first marriage got divorce, now been in second marriage for over 8 years, up and downs but we love each other and stay together. My point is I do drink a lot and do not know how to live normal housewife life. Since I was teen I was waiting for every weekend to go out with friends clubs and dance and drink. Then my studying time in university every eve was going out. Then my last 10 years jobs were working evenings out and have a drink after, no I have got bit free time and unfortunately as 5pm comes, kids fed, house clean, all done, I do not know what to do with myself then, having a drink and not really sure what to do, do not much like telly, and its nothing on internet. Feels soul want to come out for a cry, kind of no point for anything and everything
Expert:  Dr. Charogat replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Charogat :

Hi, and thank you for coming here with your question.

Dr. Charogat :

It sounds like you are in a really tough situation -- dealing with kids who can be difficult on top of already having a drinking problem.

Dr. Charogat :

On top of all of that it sounds like you are becoming depressed.

Dr. Charogat :

Your question was that you do not know where to start.

Dr. Charogat :

The best place to start - from what I understand about your situation - is to find a 12 step program (like alcoholics anonymous) and start attending daily meetings.

Dr. Charogat :

Even if you are still drinking at the beginning you can attend the meetings.

Dr. Charogat :

With time you may be able to start finding better things to do with your time.

Dr. Charogat :

For example, have you received a degree of any type in school? If not then maybe you can look into getting one online. It will be good to exercise your mind.

Dr. Charogat :

Another idea to do with this would be to see a psychologist so that s/he can find out all about you and give better suggestions than someone who doesn't know you personally.

Dr. Charogat :

I see we have run out of chat time, but we can continue this as a question/answer.

Dr. Charogat :

G-d Bless

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.