Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

, I have psoriatic arthritis, I have arthritis in my left

Customer Question

Hi, I have psoriatic arthritis, I have arthritis in my left knee. After being diagnosed I was taking naproxen for about 2 years, which kept my knee stable with out any problems. I then went on to try methotrexate as it seemed a better choice, I was taking it for about a year and a half and decided to come off it due to certain side effects. I have been off methotrexate for 2 and a half months now and I went back on to naproxen. I also take supplements including fibrebond, flora fibre, multivitamins, folic acid, indole 3 carbinol, NAC, and vitamin c. Mainly to help support immune system and for dietary reasons. The past week my knee has been very swollen and painful, to the point I cant walk. I'm wondering what you think may have caused this flare up ? Do you think any of the supplements I have been taking have interacted with the naproxen ?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
This is probably related to the psoriatic arthritis
It could also be just general arthritis
Or it could be something else like gout.
The best thing to do is to get the knee "tapped" to see what is in the fluid
the fluid can be tested for inflammation, rheumatoid markers, or gout markers.
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.