Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have been suffering severe stomach cramps all day since wakening

I have been suffering severe stomach cramps all day since wakening in early hours of morning and haveing to run to toilet with loose bowels,I feel bloated and feel as though I have trapped wind,and I am beginning to feel nauseated.I have taken Antacids, and Paracetamol for the pain,but neither has helped,I have to be careful what I take as I am on Warfarin.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Dr Uzair :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Dr Uzair :

How many times have you had to go to the wash room to pass loose stools?

Dr Uzair :

Please enter chat and use reply to respond.

Dr Uzair :

I am going to switch to Q and A mode since you are not entering the chat.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I switched to the Q and A mode, since you seemed to be having a problem signing in to the chat.
Please tell me, how many times have you passed stools since this started?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have passed stools twice.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
And how many times have you vomited?
What medication are you on besides warfarin?
Fever?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have not vomited ,I take beta blocker medication as I have Pacemaker fitted I suffer from I.B.S and take Buscopan

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Alright. Most of the times gastroenteritis or stomach flu is vital and is self limiting. This will settle in 3 to 4 days but you need to be watchful of a few things. The first is dehydration. If you feel thirsty, dizzy, palpitations, dry skin, loss of turgor or decrease in urine than you will need to see an ER physician for rehydration. These are all signs of moderate dehydration which can happen if you pass more than 6 loose stools in 24 hours.
Meanwhile, you need to keep yourself hydrated. I would suggest Gatorade or some oral rehydration solution like pedialyte. At least 3 litres of fluids per day.
You also need to shift to a low fiber diet like bananas, Apple sauce, bread, tea, rice etc to give your bowel some rest.
Avoid taking anti diarrheals.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
If you have any queries, reply back.
Best.