Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

there, ive been feeling generally unwell while and

Customer Question

Hi there, ive been feeling generally unwell for a while and struggling to manage as not really getting any answers. Can you help shead some light?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--can you please tell me exactly what's going on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just feel generally unwell. I have like a dizzy feeling in my head all day long and just dont feel like i can do anything at all. My whole day is a daze

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Nichola. How long has this been going on and by dizzy do you mean the feeling of spinning around?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No its not spinning its just a weird not there feeling in my head. Its hard to explain but its like im not connected and not there as such. Its quite frightening to feel like this all the time

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes ive been to my gp and ive been to the emergency room aswell,

Ive had general blood tests, ecg, blood sugar, neurological tests done nothing can be found

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
And did the doctors have any comments as to what might be going on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not really they just cant find anything all my tests were normal.

Thats why im.at a loose end really

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
And just to check here--the doctors weren't considering either an anxiety or a depression problem or both?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They mentioned i may be anxious but anxious about the symptoms im experiencing. I havnt had a diagnosis

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Nichola. I would do the following tests--cortisol levels, a screen for heavy metal (mercury and lead) toxicity, and just to check--although I don't think this is very likely at all--I would get a brain MRI to rule out a brain tumor. If all of that came back normal, then I would refer you to a psychologist for an evaluation
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When i was in the hospital they said the neurological tests were all normal and they said i dont have symptoms of a brain tumor i asked for a scan but said no as i dont require one. So i cant get an mri

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, I don't think it's a brain tumor problem but I did have to include that in the mix
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would there be other symptoms if a tumor? Would the hospital have known. I was there for 6 hours yesterday getting tests

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you think this could be anything serious?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Usually there'd be a headache, vision problems, and balance problems. As I said before I don't think this is a brain tumor but since I can't examine you I had to add that as a possibility here. I don't think this is anything too serious, no, but I would do the blood tests I mentioned
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The doctors wont do any more as they said theres nothing wrong so i cant get anything else. They said they have done everything necessary.

It feels like im going to die? Am I?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No, you aren't going to die Nichola. Talk to your GP about seeing a psychologist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You mentioned heavy metal testing. How do you get this problem?

In your opinion what is wrong?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
It's rare and it's from ingestion of things like seafood. Frankly, I think this is a psychological problem and not a physical problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well i dont eat seafood as dont like it.

Could it make me feel physically ill though? Any suggestion on how i can feel a bit better. 2 months is a long time to feel like this

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Physically ill how?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This spaced out not there properly feeling and the general just not feeling myself

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--I wouldn't call that physically ill. One thing you can try is St John's wort, vitamin B complex, and omega 3 fatty acid supplements
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Really what would be physically ill?.i feel ill

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I'd call physically ill as fever, chills, body pains, fatigue, things like that. But I really have given you all the information and suggestions about this that I can Nichola so let me know how things go and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I know im just frustrated with how long this has gone on and no1 can find anything wrong with me. Its awful

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I understand but since it isn't a physical thing that's why the tests are normal. Talk to your GP about seeing a psychologist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you think the hospital would of picked up anything physical?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes I'm sure they would have
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Definitely? Im just worried something has been missed. Ive seen 3 different doctors and the doctor in the hospital

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No, there's really no chance that with all that anything was missed. I know it may be hard for you to accept that this isn't a physical problem, Nichola, but it does sound very much like an anxiety/depression problem. I have to be off for a while so please let's have a rating of my service to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yeh it is really hard to accept. Just one more question then ill give a positive rating.

If i was dying would i have more symptoms? I just feel like im going to black out any minute

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you'd have other symptoms if you were about to die but anxiety can definitely make someone feel as though they are about to pass out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can anxiety make you feel like your not in your body and really disorienated and disconnected

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes--very much so
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can i do anything myself to reduce this at home till i can get to doctor?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Try the supplements I mentioned, exercise regularly, and spend as much time with friends and family as you can
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I dont feel like i can do anything even house work, even getting up to the toilet. Im so convinced somethings happening to me

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Then force yourself to get active. Seriously though--I have to leave so please let's have a rating
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok will that help my spaciness?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Definitely
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok ill try that

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
:et me know how it goes but please remember to rate my service to you Nichola
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have rated above. Do you think i will get better? im scared

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes--definitely you will get much better with therapy from a psychologist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am seeing one but doesnt seem to be working. It was one i arranged myself. Thats what makes me think its physical

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Why didn't you tell me that before? What has he told you about what's going on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I feel like everyone blames my anxiety and i wanted to see if it could be anything else. He hasnt really said alot just asked loads of questions at minute

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ive tried to come out the house and feel worse. I really feel like im dying now. Is this possible?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No you aren't dying but how many times have you seen the therapist?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

3-4 times ive seen him. What can i do?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
So the therapist hasn't discussed with you what he thinks the problem is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not really just says anxiety but this spaced out ill feeling wont go away. Im scared as no1 can help

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Did he suggest any medications for the anxiety?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sertraline but ive been on this for ages just nothing is working

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Then you need to ask about a different medication--I'd suggest Effexor or Wellbutrin
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will it take away the spacey not there feeling? If that would go id be fine

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes--either one of those should work for that
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you definitely think its not physical? It feels do much like it is?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No this definitely isn't physical
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How can you be so sure?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, sorry to pull rank on you here but I'm a doctor and what you've described is simply not a physical problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well why does it feel physical?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
What you describe isn't a physical feeling--it's an emotional one
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Really even though i feel like im gona die i feel that ill 24 hours a day

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That's very typical of depression and anxiety
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its hell i just want myself back. I was so happy with everything to look forward to now i just feel like im not even fully conscious all day and that i cant do anything

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
It's not that you can't do anything--you just haven't decided to do things like getting out with people, exercising, being active--just sitting around worrying about dying isn't helping you at all
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just feel so spaced out like i dont know where i am

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Nichola we really aren't getting any further here. Just get active
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I feel constantly unsafe like im going to die any minute because of how spaced out and not there i am and thats all day long. Im going to try and go to cinema tonight to try and get out.

How can i stop being so scared?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
By doing things like going to the cinema
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just cant accept im not seriously ill. I feel so so unwell.

Im scared im nwver gona get better. Its like my head is blocked and im miles away from reality.

Do you think it could be any other brain condition?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No--it isn't a brain condition
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I feel so so spaced out i cant even describe. Todays the worst ive felt. What symptoms would i have if i was dying. Im.so scared and got nowhere to go

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Nichola I'm going to opt out at this point since we can't seem to get any further ahead with this right now. Don't post anything more on this page until another expert comes on to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

U dont have to opt out. All i want is some help to feel better

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Im happy to wait thanks

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for another Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?