Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Can being near a daylight lamp too long cause dizziness?

Can being near a daylight lamp too long cause dizziness? I have a lamp next to my chair and next to my bed. At 85 i am now experiency a swimming sensation when on my feet
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-
Do you get dizziness with change in head movements?
Have you got checked blood pressure levels?
Any ear infection?
How long has this been going on for?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1. Occasionally 2. Yes tends always to be low.3, I have new hearing aids from last August. I was alergic to the fist latex ones in the ear now have hard shell ones in ear. 4. Since last march - NOW MUCH WORSE. 5. I have been in hospital for 16 days with Sepsis cause a UTI which did not respond to anti biotics. I have been on steriods (Prednisalone) for over

10 years (R.A).I now have tendonitis caused by anti biotics.

Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.
First of all I would make clear, that there have not been any studies, which suggest that daylight lamp would cause dizziness.
Such dizziness, is not related with daylight lamp.
It can due to any of these possibilities-
-Low blood sugar level
-Change in blood pressure level
-Thyroid disorder
-Inner ear issue (the inner ear is responsible for balance ) like Ménière disease.
-Neurological conditions.
If your symptoms are related with head movements, then it could occur with Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo called as BPPV.
Such episodes can come, and then go and then again re-occur. It occurs when the semicircular canals in ear, become sensitive to changes in head position, and may occur when you lay on bed. Also with this ,change in positions such symptoms appear. And BPPV usually lasts a minute or two. It can be mild, or it can be bad enough.
To make a diagnose, you need to undergo few tests -
-Blood sugar test,
-Blood pressure monitoring,
-Thyroid function test,
-Complete blood count.
-Ear examination- ear should be checked for inner ear problem.
Sometimes dizziness can be due to problem related with heart rhythm or brain problem but usually less often.
A thorough clinical examination and tests have to be done for precise diagnosis.
I would recommend you to firstly consult internal medicine doctor, then probably ear nose and throat doctor for diagnosis.
If required they may refer you to Neurologist for clinical evaluation.
For the time, you can take Tab. Dimenhydrinate(Dramamine) for dizziness.It is OTC drug. As such you should be seen by your doctor, for checkup and further treatment.
Good luck and take care.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am waiting for E.N.T.appt. so really you have not told me anything new. Other tests you mention have all been done over the months. Do i have to pay? I really cannot afford it. I had hoped the daylight lamps would be the answer.I await your reply - prayerfully!

Dear,
As such, to be honest with you, Daylight lamp would not cause any such symptoms.
A thorough clinical examination and tests would be done for precise diagnosis.
I would recommend you to firstly consult internal medicine doctor, then probably ENT doctor for diagnosis.
Good luck and take care.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Does the 'bad service' that popped up mean that I will not have to pay?

Dear,
I would send your question to category moderator for further refunds.
You should not rate it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for vour reply re daylight lamps. Thanks for your answer to the question I asked.

Dear,
Most Welcome.
Thanks for using justanswer service.
God Bless You !!
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.