Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Every so often I get this strange feeling that lasts

Customer Question

Every so often I get this strange feeling that lasts for a few seconds. I can feel it coming on and it starts in my chest and rises up and I just feel very strange and fuzzy for a few seconds; not faint or lightheaded; just a weird feeling. This then passes. I am getting this fairly often, have had it twice in the last 24 hours. What could this be? I did have some balance issues a while back where I felt unsteady on my feet sometimes and the doctor said it was probably something similar to labyrinthitis. I had an MRI scan and that was fine. This, however, doesn't appear to affect my balance at all, I just feel weird for a few seconds and then it passes.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
do you take any medicines?
are you going through menopause yet?
is your pulse normal when it happens?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I take Lisinopril for blood pressure but this is pretty stable. Not going through the menopause yet and pulse appears normal.

Okay.
This could be early hormonal changes of menopause
It could also be related to anemia (menstruation females commonly have this) or thyroid problems
i would start with some blood work
get hormones levels tested, thyroid and blood counts