Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Yesterday I had a mammogram and then an ultrasound performed

Yesterday I had a mammogram and then an ultrasound performed by a breast surgeon for a routine check up, he said that both the mammogram and the ultra sound looked normal, he said a radiologist would look at the mammogram and then send in a report but as far as he could see there was nothing to worry about. Am I right in thinking that I am probably fine, and that he would be a pretty good judge of a normal mammogram... ? I hate waiting for results and am trying not to worry... ! please could you reassure me, thank you very much.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome back to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I can understand your concern.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions
Yes,as your mammogram & ultrasound scan performed by a breast surgeon for a routine check up both are normal,there is nothing to worry.
Although radiologist is the best doctor to report for the mammogram,but a breast surgeon's view is almost & most likely accurate.
So yes,you are thinking right that you are absolutely fine.
The small cyst you had is not due to cancer.
Further a reporting from a radiologist will confirm this.
So bot***** *****ne is yes,your surgeon is pretty good to report for the normal report of mammogram.Final confirmation will be done by the radiologist.
So there is nothing to worry here.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert