Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I take Cilest the contraceptive pill - i was travelling overseas

I take Cilest the contraceptive pill - i was travelling overseas and so ended up missing a couple in the middle of the pack so i took them immediately and carried on with the rest of the pack. Have had my period as normal but worried that i may not be completely safe due to the error mid pack?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Dr Uzair :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Dr Uzair :

You did the right thing. When you miss a day's dose from the pack, you should skip it and continue with the doses for the next day till your period.

Dr Uzair :

Do I understand correctly?

Customer:

I suspect that i possibly took an extra pill or two from another pack..........

Dr Uzair :

Alright. For future reference, if you miss the dose of the day, do not take an extra pill and continue from the next day as you would.

Dr Uzair :

Since, you have had a normal period, you should continue your doses as you were now.

Dr Uzair :

I do not anticipate any problems because of this error.

Customer:

is it good or bad that i took the extra ones, i assumed that meant i was covered? So the main question is have i made myself vunerable

Dr Uzair :

No, you have not. Since, your period was normal, nothing is going to wrong because of this.

Customer:

so i am completely safe and covered, or as safe as you can be.........

Dr Uzair :

Yes. You are. Rest assured.

Customer:

thank you

Dr Uzair :

If you do not have more queries, please leave a positive rating for the service.

Dr Uzair :

My pleasure.