DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My husband is very forgetful, moody and simple tasks seem difficult

My husband is very forgetful, moody and simple tasks seem difficult for him. He finds driving the car sometimes difficult. He for example finds changing gear difficult to remember. He is argumentive most of the time. He will not answer when people talk to him. He just stares at them. He has changed such a lot this past year. One day in the middle of the town centre he started screaming for no reason .....!
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
This is all very typical of dementia or pseudo dementia.
One is brain degeneration, the other is from depression.
If there are gait and urinary difficulties, one must consider hydrocephalus.
Blood vessel breakage in the brain is another possibility.
Your husband needs to see a neurologist, a geriatrician, or an internist as soon as possible.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.