Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

My brother had his wisdom tooth extracted about 2 weeks ago.

Customer Question

My brother had his wisdom tooth extracted about 2 weeks ago. The dentist seemed to have done a very bad job, giving him about 8 injections before he could extract it . He has been in pain and he has had a course of antibiotics. He is having tingling and pinching sensations across the head, to the side the tooth was extracted. It's uncomfortable for him. Is this normal? At first he was having this sensations across his face right to hte head. Should he see a specialist and if so which type?
Please reply quickly. He has been diagnsed with very high blood pressure and has been placed on amnopidine 5mg daily. can this be related to this sensation. Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
still need help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

are yiu able to res[pmd to my medical question? What do you mean by internist?

He definitely needs to see a specialist. An ear nose and throat specialist in particular
I believe that sensation is nerve damage and not related to high blood pressure