Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

there I am a 23 year old female with health anxiety. I have

Customer Question

Hi there I am a 23 year old female with health anxiety. I have had a swelling around the glandular area of my neck just under the chin about the size of a small grape. I have had a throat infection a few weeks bCk where my glands came up but tht passed. I have had a slight sore throat and mouth ulcers but nothing major. I have been to see two docs who have said they aren't concerned and they have been docs 30 odd years each so are trustworthy however I still can't stop panicking that its some form of gland or neck cancer. You can only feel it prominently when I tilt my head back so I am worried they have missed it. It has been there a week and is firm and not particularly tender. Please give me some reassurance.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

I am a cancer doctor

Dr. David :

I am not worried about cancer

Dr. David :

lymph nodes are part of your body's immune system

Dr. David :

and it is normal for them to swell up to help fight off infections and to keep you healthy.

Dr. David :

your slight sore throat and mouth ulcers are enough to cause swollen reactive neck lymph nodes to help fight off infections.

Dr. David :

you also need to stop squeezing and pressing on the lymph node as this will continue to keep the node swollen.

Dr. David :

let me know if you have questions.

JACUSTOMER-ku0jnbi9- : If it was anything relating to cancer would it feel the same regardless of the way I tilted my head ? And should I be concerned that it feels firm and not tender as this was causing me worry as my glands are usually tender ? And should I be concerned if it does not decrease back to its normal size ? It is definitely in the same place as where my glands always come up in the past
Dr. David :

these lymph nodes can take weeks to return back to normal size.

Dr. David :

lympocytes and WBC cells are in the lymph nodes making lots of antibodies to help fight off infections

Dr. David :

to keep you healthy and to also remember prior infections to prevent future infections.

Dr. David :

don't let your anxiety get out of control with worry.

Dr. David :

you have to give the node more time to shrink back down in size.

Dr. David :

you have to stop pressing and squeezing on the node.

Dr. David :

you have seen several experienced doctors already who are not worried about cancer.

Dr. David :

I am a cancer doctor. I am not worried about cancer either.

JACUSTOMER-ku0jnbi9- : Thank you doctor I appreciate your time
Dr. David :

you are welcome

Dr. David :

let me know if you have other questions.

Dr. David :

if done, please leave positive feedback below.

Dr. David :

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

Dr. David :

you can always reach me again if you have other questions.

Dr. David :

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/