Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Hey Doc,Can you tell me if this is an enlarged fordyce

Hey Doc,
Can you tell me if this is an enlarged fordyce spot or something different?
I can't attatch file from my phone. Can I send you a picture another way?
Had the spot for about 1.5 months now. No change at all in that time. Doesn't itch or hurt just looks raised and red - more so than the other fordyce spots. When you stretch the skin it looks just like a fordyce
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. You can share the picture at one of these sites.
https://www.flickr.com/
or
http://photobucket.com/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
https:[email protected]/16550632461/
Photo
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
It's not working, please resend the link. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's the correct link it works for me
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
I think I might have to sign in. Can you share your sign in details. You can delete it later on if you want. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
*****@******.***
Jimmybooya11
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Your email can't be seen here due to restriction. I am really sorry for the inconvenience. You can email the pictures at***@******.***. They will forward it to me and I will send an answer after i have received it. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just sent the email and put your name in the subject line. Please follow back up with me as soon as you possibly can
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks a lot. I will definitely wait for the picture. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sounds good. It should be there any minute. Again, been there for over a month unchanged. It may be slightly more red bc I mess with it multiple times a day. When I stretch the skin there looks to be many tiny blood vessels all around the bump that may be the reason for the redness. When stretched it looks exactly like my other fordyce spots
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Joseph, according to your description, it sounds like fordyce spot that has got inflammed due to manipulation but definitely I will give my final opinion after I see the picture. It can take few hours to get the picture so just relax and don't worry, I will get back to you as early as possible. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No picture yet?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry for the delay. Yes I have got the picture and I have reviewed it. . I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. This is not fordyce spot. This is either fungal infection of the skin which is quite common at this area or it can be eczema/dermatitis. There is no chance of this being anything serious like herpes or STD. So there is no need to be stressed. Don't worry I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations the mixture of over the counter available 1% hydrocortisone cream and clotrimazole cream twice daily can be applied on the area twice daily. Always wash the area and let it dry before applying the cream. If symptoms persist, see your doctor but hopefully this will not be required. I reassure you that there is nothing serious related here. This is not just fordyce spot. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards.