Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am presently taking Risedronate Sodium once a week

Customer Question

I am presently taking Risedronate Sodium once a week for my Osteoperosis. I have been offered a Growth Hormone by a very close friend who has been taking them for a while. She believes it will be very beneficial for me. It's injectable and from a very good source - not China. I don't take any other medication. May I have your opinion please.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Have you had your growth hormone levels tested?
For what symptoms do you wish to take growth hormone?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not had my growth hormone levels tested. I am 63 years old and was hoping that, like my friend, it would give me an increased energy level and a general feeling of well being and a rise in her metabolic rate and she has lost a very healthy amount of weight too with only moderate exercise - like extra walks with her dog.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information
Because the body's HGH levels naturally decrease with age, some so-called anti-aging experts have speculated and claimed that HGH products could reverse age-related bodily deterioration. But these claims are unproven. The use of HGH for anti-aging is not internationally approved. So, even though, your friend benefited from this, it is still not approved.
Nevertheless, some people obtain injectable HGH from doctors who prescribe it for off-label purposes (uses for which it was not approved).
Let me know if you have more questions.
I would appreciate it if you rate me for my services when you are done asking.