Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

, I am a 27 years old female, and my body fat is around

Hello, I am a 27 years old female, and my body fat is around 24%
In the past year or so I have been experiencing the following symptoms:
- complete lack of libido ( i have a partner though)
- mainly back acne ( medium level) and some around the face ( forehead) but less than on the back. The acne goes mad just the week before my period but then may take up to 2 weeks after my period to clear out, sometimes leaving me with dark spots ( scars?)
- I also seen one hair on my chin and one on my chest, which I immediately remove but sometimes they come back, the same 2 hairs on the same 2 places.
- my periods are very regular and last for about 3-4 days + another 2-3 days spotting
- my lifestyle is : can be stressed at work, lots of sweets,crisps, white bread, pasta and chips but i also eat lots of salad and healthy food.
- I don't smoke
- going to the gym 2-3 times/week
- sleep 7-8 hours
- can have 2 units of wine / week
- I have a low blood pressure
- never checked my cholesterol or blood sugar because we never had anyone in our family who would have suffered from these
- I don't take any contraceptive pills ( and do not plan to, as I am against all those artificial hormones (progestins) in my body)
I booked myself in for a blood test for cholesterol and blood sugar as I suspect my testosterone level is too high ( hence acne, and unwanted hair growth) which may be caused by the amount of carbohydrates and sugar I consume, but then again, I read that whoever has a High testosterone is usually having irregular periods ( not my case), high libido ( not my case, as I have almost no libido) and is often obese ( not my case either).
So I am somewhere in between with my symptoms. Half of them can be related to high testosterone,but the other half is a complete opposite to the high testosterone symptoms.
I would really appreciate if you could advice me regarding my symptoms - can it be a high testosterone level despite my regular periods and low libido?
Are there any natural remedies for balancing out my hormones, specially the acne and the low libido, without needing to take hormone- or any other ( non-natural) medications ( sorry, I am one of those people who wouldn't even take a nurofen for a headache and would wait instead for the pain to go away by itself, unless i am really sick )
Thank you ever so much for your answer!
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort due to acne at back & forehead & loss of libido. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions
Your stress & anxiety seems to be the most probable cause.
The cause of low libido or lack of libido can be psychological like stress,anxiety,depression or physical/medical conditions like anemia,high blood sugar,diabetes,hormonal imbalance.
The back acne ( medium level) and some around the face ( forehead)can be due to hormonal imbalance or certain infections.
The one/single hair you saw on your chin & one on chest does not seem to be of concern & can be too early to detect the exact cause.
Its good to know that your periods are very regular and last for about 3-4 days, you do not smoke,work out at gym and sleep for 7-8 hours and had a healthy lifestyle with no family history of medical conditions.
I do not think that this can be due to high testosterone levels as you have very low libido.
Stress,anxiety & depression seems to be the most probable cause.
Although you have booked for the blood tests for cholesterol and blood sugar,I guess,they will come out to be normal & have no relation with your symptoms.
I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor for counselling & tests like:Dexamethasone Suppression test,estrogen & progestrone levels & other hormonal tests(to rule out) and know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert