Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have a round circle on my cheek which first of all looked

I have a round circle on my cheek which first of all looked like a spot so l picked it ti is the size of a penny it did scab over then the scab dropped off on Friday and it looks clear in the middle and red around the edges and sometimes gets ithchy?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Hasan :

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want.

Dr. Hasan :

It can be a fungal infection as per your description.

Dr. Hasan :

Have you got this first time?

Customer:

yes had it around 2 weeks

Dr. Hasan :

Have you tried anything so far?

Customer:

no

Dr. Hasan :

Don't worry I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations you can use OTC clotrimazole cream twice daily on the lesion

Dr. Hasan :

If symptoms persist, see your doctor, preferably a dermatologist.

Dr. Hasan :

Along with that, for itching you can take OTC tab claritin once daily.

Dr. Hasan :

I reassure you that there is nothing serious associated with this.

Dr. Hasan :

Your thoughts or any question?

Dr. Hasan :

At the most it can be just a pimple which has scabbed off and that doesn't need treatment.

Dr. Hasan :

you can still try clotrimazole and it will help if it's fungal infection which usually presents the way you have described your lesion.

Dr. Hasan :

Any question please?

Customer:

thank you

Dr. Hasan :

You are most welcome. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.