DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My 4.6 year old daughter was very sick on Friday night - puking

My 4.6 year old daughter was very sick on Friday night - puking and with acute diaroeah for 12 hours, she hasn't been physically sick since 4 pm yesterday. But she has been very tired and hardly eaten anything and only drinking a little sparkling water. She just wants to sleep and I think she has a tempreature..what should we do ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
You should give her electrolyte solutions, and call her doctor.
It sounds like she had food poisoning or gastroenteritis, which is resolving.
OFten this is viral.
They key is, that if she is not getting steadily better from now on, you need to take her in.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So can I give her liquid to revive her - how much should she drink in a day, what about eating? What is good for her ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
First of all, if she is not responding to you adequately she needs to go in now.
If she is not taking liquids, same.
Electrolyte solutions, available in the drug store, vegetable broths, other broths, and juices are all good. Solid food can be advanced slowly, whatever she tolerates best.
And, you need to inform her doctor about this.
We do not replace a doctors visit or her doctors advice.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.