Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

two weeks ago I forced my motions. I bleed from the back and

Customer Question

two weeks ago I forced my motions. I bleed from the back and front. The back has healed but still see blood in my urine and when I do jobs. All ok when I sit or lay. Will this heal in time.? sex ok motions ok water works ok not off food feel really healthy. Age 70 no medical history only on 5ml blood pressure tab.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort due to this bleeding. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions
Blood in urine is medically called as hematuria.
As you said that 2 weeks ago,you forced your motions(meaning history of constipation) which resulted in bleeding from anus & in your urine.
The bleeding from anus/rectum or blood in stool is most likely because of hemorrhoids.Constipation is the most common cause of your hemorrhoids/bleeding from back(anus).
Often, bloody urine is from a problem in your kidneys or other parts of the urinary tract or its the prostate.Its most common causes are:benign pro static hyperplasia (BPH; enlarged prostate),prostate infection or inflammation (prostities)kidney stones and bladder stones,infection of the bladder, kidney, or urethra.
As you forced your motions 2 weeks ago & now you have blood in urine-this(forced motions) can be an aggravating factor or may not be related to your bleeding in urine.
Benign pro static hyperplasia (BPH,enlarged prostate) is one of the most common cause of blood in urine especially age after 65.
You need Digital rectal examination (DRE),urine examination &
Prostate biopsy.
So for confirmation,I advice you to make an appointment with your urologist to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks so much is this urgent as we go away for two weeks Monday week.

Dear,
Well, you can safely wait for 2 weeks and then see your doctor.
In the mean time, take plenty of fluids.
You should get clinical evaluation and tests, once you return back.
Hope this helped.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert