Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

cushings disease has been diagnosed friend she has been

cushings disease has been diagnosed for my friend she has been ill with unknown symptoms since*****only has diagnosed in last two weeks she is not able to eat and has bloated body from head to toe
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.

Could you clarify what question you are asking?
What information would be helpful?
Are you asking how Cushing's disease is usually treated?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

patient has been ill with cushings symptoms for over 14 months and has been diagnosed only 2 weeks ago she is unable to keep food down and out of breath and swollen has difficulty sleeping and I want to know if anything can be done quickly as I am very worried about the lack of urgency .

Has the cause of the Cushing's disease been identified?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not sure she has lump on neck benign and lives in London is a mother of 5 some heart disease in family

The proper treatment would depend upon the underlying cause of the Cushing's disease. The treatment that can be done most quickly would be surgery. The most common cause of Cushing's disease is from a hormonally active benign tumour, either of the adrenal gland or of the pituitary gland that releases a hormone to stimulate the adrenal glands. If there is either type of tumour, then surgery can be done to remove the tumour, which would quickly stop the release of the excessive amount of the hormone.

Of course, the first step would be the evaluation of the adrenal and pituitary gland to determine if a tumour is present, such as with a CT scan or MRI.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the ct and mri show benign tumour but its the waiting time for op that is worrying as she cannot function as she is now I am willing to get her treated privately if nhs is too long as this is now critical

Since the imaging study shows the benign tumour, then yes, it can be treated quickly by surgical removal, if surgery can be arranged. However, I have no method for accelerating the NHS, although seeing a private surgeon would be an option.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you dr love I will contact my friend and let her decide if she wants to go ahead privately

You are most welcome.