Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

i am getting a bit worried as i cant see my Gp untill

Customer Question

Dear sir i am getting a bit worried as i cant see my Gp untill next week . the problem i have is about 2 weeks ago i had a severe cold and i had blocked nose and heavy thick mucus in my throat and in the last 3 days as i blew my nose i have noticed some blood from my nose and also from the troat is this normal or is it very serious.?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

it sounds like you have a bad sinus infection.

Dr. David :

it sounds like you might need a course of antibiotics.

Dr. David :

it can be very common to have some blood from your nose and blood from your sinuses drip into your throat from a bad sinus infection.

Dr. David :

I would see your GP and get on a course of antibiotics and see if your sinus infection clears up.

Dr. David :

thanks.