Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

, I've been taking pregabalin 75mg months, I've

Hi, I've been taking pregabalin 75mg for three months, I've been getting really bad acid reflux, the burning takes the breath of me. I saw my doctor a week today & he prescribed me with lansoprazole 30mg. My symptoms haven't improved, does it take a while for it to work ?

Hi. How long have you been on the lansoprazole and how exactly did your doctor diagnose reflux?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Been on them for one week, my symptoms I went with was fullness of stomach, burning in throat. & chest, gone of food. He felt my stomach & said my meds av caused it to be inflammed.
Well that's one possibility but if this is from the meds the lansoprazole may not be that effective, although I'd give it another week. A more effective medication in my opinion would be sulcralfate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would of I had improvement by now then ?
Usually it should only take a week or a little less to see improvement but I'd still give itg one more week
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will it not improve whilst I'm still on pregabalin ?
That's a little hard to say since I can't be absolutely certain it's the pregablin that's causing this, but if the problem is a gastritis from the medication, again, sulcralfate would, in my opinion, be the proper treatment
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I leave it another week them go bk to docs ?
Yes give it one more week and if no better let your doctor know