Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have asthma and copd I do crossfit 4times a week si I

Customer Question

Hi I have asthma and copd I do crossfit 4times a week si I keep fit I haven't needed steroids or antibiotics in a full year however over the last two months my go said I have plurasey I got biotics for few weeks along with steroidss then 2 weeks clear then what I feel was a chest infection went to see gp sent me for X-ray and done a sputum test all came back clear 5 days later symptoms got worse I had no vice for 4days I attended a&e. whom recommended I resit the test as I was still coughing up dark green phlym went back to gp didn't get retested just the sputum which I put in had green phlym and blood in it doc says came back ok I asked about thee blood she said it was strain through cough ting few days later no better I saw another doctor whom said gut feeling I think it's just viral give it another 7 days I am now back at work after being off two weeks I my 2nd day back and symptoms are back pain across top of back tight chest and a coughs nothing coming up thou any advise would be welcomed Ithis all started in dec
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Dr Uzair :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Dr Uzair :

The best way to evaluate this would be to get pulmonary function tests done.

Dr Uzair :

It has been far too long for this to be pneumonia or a lower respiratory chest infection since your symptoms are subtle.

Dr Uzair :

And you do not have fever.

Dr Uzair :

The pulmonary function tests will evaluate your respiratory tract in detail. I would also suggest that you undergo chest physiotherapy and expectoration for the excessive sputum.

Dr Uzair :

Chest physiotherapy can also be done at home. The best way is to take steam inhalations with menthol for 15 minutes, then a helper should do gentle percussion of the back and front of the chest for 15 to 20 minutes and afterwards you should forcefully cough out the sputum.

Dr Uzair :

If you have any queries, please reply to interact.

JACUSTOMER-0jierg8c- : Is the pulmonary test a small machine that monitors your lung capacity.
Dr Uzair :

Yes, there is monitor attached to a probe in which one is required to blow in.

JACUSTOMER-0jierg8c- : ok thank you for yor help
Dr Uzair :

It has been a pleasure.

Dr Uzair :

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Dr Uzair :

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair :

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for me.