DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My wife is 61 she has a painful shoulder and went to the doctor

My wife is 61 she has a painful shoulder and went to the doctor he sent her for an X-ray and said it showed nothing wrong ,he told her to take pain killers and it would go, she has Ostia arthritis so she started taking ibuprofen she also takes sinutab for her cold are the two medications safe to take together,I told her to go back to the doctor and discuss if there is a safer /better pain killer she can take for long periods without risk ,she says she has no faith in the doctor,she does take sinutab a fair bit
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I understand the situation.
What is your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I asked in my first messag ,she takes sinutab and ibuprofen are they safe to take together and is there a safer/better pain killer she can take while taking sinutab
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
The drugs are safe together: no interactions listed in the FDA prescripting information.
Your over the counter options for pain relief are ibuprofen, aleve, and tylenol.
None of these is "better" than the other in terms of pain relief, but different patients respond differently.
Some do better with aleve than with ibuprofen.
All are OK with sinutab.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How long can she take them without any ill effect
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
That is up to her doctor and monitoring.
However, I would not use them more than a month without a proper diagnosis and physical therapy.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.