Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

question Toxicologist & a gastroenterologist TIGHTNESS

Customer Question

question for a Toxicologist & a gastroenterologist
TIGHTNESS OF THE CHEST 27TH FEBRUARY 2015
I STARTED TAKING LACTULOSE IN SEPTEMBER 2014 UNTIL JANUARY 2015 (5MONTHS). I STOPPED WHEN I SAW THE SIDE EFFECTS OF LACTULOSE - TIGHTNESS OF THE CHEST & DROWSINESS AND PEELING OF MY LIPS – ALL THREE OF WHICH I HAD, BUT THE TIGHTNESS OF THE CHEST WAS MILD AT THAT TIME
I HAD A MAMMOGRAM X RAY ON DECEMBER 18TH THE RADIOLOGIST LEFT THE METAL CLAMPS ON MY LEFT BREAST FOR A FEW SECONDS WHICH IS NORMAL. – BUT FOR THE RIGHT BREAST IT WAS LEFT ON FOR 3 TO 5 MINUTES WHILST SHE HAD GONE OUT OF THE ROOM WHILST I WAS SCREAMING WITH EXCRUCIATING PAIN. I RUSHED HOME & TOOK PAINKILLERS
26TH DECEMBER ONE WEEK AFTER THE MAMMOGRAM INCIDENT I WAS BREATHLESS AND EVERY TIME I WAS BREATHLESS MY CHEST ON THE RIGHT SIDE WOULD HURT ME. IT WENT ON FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS. I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL. THEY SAY MY XRAY IS BLURRED & IT SEEMS TO BE A MUSCULAR PAIN.THEY ARE RELUCTANT TO SAY ANYTHING MORE, THINKING I MIGHT SUE THE RADIOLOGIST.
SINCE 26TH DECEMBER THE TIGHTNESS HAS GRAUALLY INCREASED. I SOMETIMES GET STABBING PAINS JUST FOR A MINUTE ON MY RIGHT BREAST/CHEST. NOW MY TIGHTNESS IS SEVERE I AM IN GREAT DISCOMFORT, AND I AM FRIGHTENED - WILL IT TOUCH MY HEART AND WHAT IS THE TREATMENT? SHOULD I SEE A CHEST DOCTOR OR
TOXICOLOGIST?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
why did you take lactulose?