Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

im a 45 year old woman i have been on throsine 100mg for

Customer Question

Hi im a 45 year old woman i have been on throsine 100mg for about a year, I cannot loose any weight & I am a very healthy eater and exercise at least 4 tmes a week, I weigh 168 pounds and 5.9ft tall. My T4 is 18.3, and TSH 1.27 is my does right?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. We can continue after this if you'd like but according to newer guidelines your TSH should be nearer to 0.3 to be considered optimally treated for hypothyroidism so no, I don't think you're on the proper dosage of the thyrosine and I would increase it were I your doctor

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What would you suggest at this time would be an appropriate dose, I really don't seem to be getting very far with my GP as my range is apparently normal. But I know my body isn't functioning properley.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I would start with 125 and recheck your TSH in two months and see if it's down to proper levels and if not I'd then go up to 150. You might ask your GP to have you seen by an endocrinologist is he isn't willing to increase your dosage Catherine