Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

sorry to bother you after a misdiagnosed broken leg and

Hi sorry to bother you after a misdiagnosed broken leg and because a month went passed before diagnosis tissue set in in a ankle which meant I had to have an operation, they choose a spinal tap because of pain relief, after 14 failed attempts they gave up and gave me general I was in a state the whole time screaming sobbing because he kept hitting nerves. Should he have tried so many times? Thank you in advance ninax
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question.
No they should not have tried 14 times.
they should have used a CAT scan or ultrasound to guide the spinal tap. That is quite ridiculous
I'm sorry this happened to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much, have been having nightmares about the whole experience they just kept pushing my shoulders down and telling me to hold the pillow I was screaming in pain every time he hit the nerve then would inject local anaesthetic each time and start again it went on fir around an hour and half maybe 2, thank you for your help just needed to know it wasn't right to try and get passed it. Ninax

I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)