DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I had my left kidney removed approx. 5 weeks ago. The follow

I had my left kidney removed approx. 5 weeks ago. The follow up test showed a T3A tumour. However I am still getting sharp pain in left area of stomache. I am taking lontec 10mg and oxycodone 5mg.
How long can I expect to have this sharp (stabbing type) pain?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
As far as healing the surgical site: 3 to 6 weeks initially.
Also, this pain , in the stomach, might have a separate cause.....ulcer for example. Again, about a month, but you need an exam and testing and proper treatment for gastritis or ulcer if that is what is going on.
You are not on a correct medicine to treat stomach pain: a PPI medication such as omeprazole, or a medicine such as zantac.
I would talk to the surgeon about this. Pain in the left front can be stomach, stomach ulcer, pancreatitis, bowel.....
Don't miss something.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am concerned with the surgical area only, the other parts of stomache are OK,

Is there anything I can do to help myself

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Not conventionally other than talk with your surgeon, as you might need longer pain med use.
If you have access to homeopathic remedies [and clear this with your doctor] Arnica orally, several doses, is a standard after surgery.
If you can use a 200C potency that would be idea, 1 dose every 12 hours for 3 doses only.
If you have a 30C, one dose every 6 to 8 hours as needed for a few days.
If you have a 1M potency, a single dose. Repeat in 12 hours if needed.
There are other remedies as well, but this has to be individualized, and finding a homeopath to help you would be idea.
Rest.
Light diet, lots of water. Broths are idea.