Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I am only assuming it may be alcohol related as the person

I am only assuming it may be alcohol related as the person in question drinks heavily at times, over many years. Alcohol and epileptic type seizures. I have heard heavy/binge drinkers can have these, also if true, I would like to know more. The person in question is my Father he is 67 years old.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
You are correct. This is due to alcohol
Mainly it is due to alcohol withdrawal.
So a drinker gets sick or can't drink for whatever reason. The lack of alcohol triggers a seizure in the brain.
It is actually better for an alcoholic not to stop abruptly
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Dr. Phil,

I think you may be spot on, correct in my Father's case. I am unsure of the degree of alcoholism he actually is, however, the amount over the years of his adult life, could explain a lot. It is sad, but more and more people do drink irresponsibly and this is the reality. I would like to thank you for confirming my concerns.

Kind Regards,

Rachael Hughes.

you're welcome and as someone who has alcoholism in their own family, I can relate
It is sad but it's his choice and not your fault
I'm glad to have helped.
Please don't forget a positive rating. i appreciate it
I appreciate the ok rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)